Wednesday 16 February 2011

Australia, Week 1

The flight down wasn't too bad, I think I must have slept through most of it and there weren't too many wailing babies, or farting stinky people. Once I got to Australia both the Brisbane and Townsville airports were crazy and there were a million things going on. The man that was there to pick us up in Townsville didn't even have a vehicle big enough so he borrowed the bus that belonged to the zoo. Totally normal.

Once I arrived on campus I was shown around a bit and given my room key, my room is so stellar. I have my own balcony with sweet views of the fallen trees and mud puddles left over from cyclone Yasi, but it will be an amazing view once thats all cleaned up. Campus is right in the middle of the mountains and its just gorgeous.

The first couple nights we have had orientation events that have been pretty fun and nothing that they would allow in the states, so thats neat. Except being treated like a freshman again kind of sucks.

We've been to the beach twice and it is so beautiful! There is a saltwater pool right next to the beach that is huge. The water is so warm though and the jellies are out because its stinger season so we have to swim in netted off areas, but thats alright. Thats about it for right now, most of the people in the pictures are other Americans that live on the floor below me, they are all really nice and good people.

I'll write more soon, I just wanted to get things started. I miss you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment