Wednesday 20 April 2011

Footy Game!

In order to dive into the Australian culture we felt it was a requirement to throw on our rain coats, grab a nine dollar beer and sit down to watch some muscly men run around and throw each other to the ground, we suited up for the rugby game. Apparently Townsville's rugby team isn't too spectacular, but this season they had won one game and we thought we would try to bring them some more luck. Maybe they suck so bad because they're the Cowboys and they play at Dairy Farmer's Stadium, and their mascot is a cow, I just don't see how that is too intimidating. Well I guess I was mistaken, these men were frickin huge. They make American football players look like little sissy's. These guys arms were as big as my legs for sure, and I have some pretty big legs. And they don't wear any padding, not even a helmet, not safe. They just run around and tackle each other to the ground and hope that they can stand up after... it's really crazy. After I got over how burly the men were the game was really fun to watch and they actually ended up winning! Woo!


No comments:

Post a Comment